COVID-19 Information Center
Updated May 1, 2021
"Free to Choose" Program
Updated May 1, 2021
Thanks to the Mesa County Board of Commissioners, the "Free to Choose" program starts Friday, April 16, 2021. Under the new guidelines, businesses and individuals will be able to decide whether to wear a mask or not in public indoor spaces. Businesses will also have the option of limiting indoor capacities or not. However, businesses will still be able to require customers to wear masks.
Mesa Fitness has decided to give members and staff the choice to wear a mask, so it is no longer required to wear a face covering in Mesa Fitness facilities (starting April 16, 2021). We will also be operating with no capacity limits due to COVID-19.
We are thrilled to see your smiling faces again!
Variance Protection Program
Mesa County Public Health implemented the Variance Protection Program to help feature local business in their efforts to implement safe practices in relation to the COVID-19 Pandemic. On October 2, 2020, both Mesa Fitness locations were recognized for our efforts to keep the community safe and open and we were awarded a 5-Star VPP Award from Mesa County.
With this 5-Star VPP Award, we are able to stay open and continue to service our members during Phase Red as implemented by the state and county in November 2020.
Updates for November 2020
Click to read more about the VPP.
Thanks to the Variance Protection Program and both Mesa Fitness locations receiving a 5-Star VPP award (read above), we are able to stay open as Mesa County and Colorado move into Level Red: Severe Risk (November 20, 2020).
Members are required to wear a face covering while taking a Group Fitness classes
Members are encouraged to wear a face covering when entering and exiting the facility, while commuting between stations on the floor, and if 6 foot social distancing cannot be maintained.
Capacity levels will remain the same at this time due to our 5-Star VPP Award.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Mon-Fri | 4:00am - 11:00pm
Sat-Sun | 7:00am - 8:00pm
Hours of operation for both facilities will remain the same.
We will meet Mesa County guidelines of 50% of our fire code for social distancing purposes (this number has not changed under Level Red due to our 5-Star VPP Award, read more above).
A 60-minute maximum workout is recommended of our members
CHECK-IN PROCESS | REGISTER (P.O.S. SYSTEM)
Check-in process will remain the same
Cash is accepted at the register and kids club, but touchless pay (debit, credit, card on file) is encouraged when applicable.
One entrance and exit will continue to be used to ensure maximum distancing upon entering and exiting the facility. Members must wear a mask when entering and exiting the facility.
Cleaning protocols have been updated continuously to account for the capacity count as well as traffic levels.
Members are required to clean their equipment after each use. Memberships subject to termination.
Medical-grade cleaning materials are used to clean equipment and are available for members to use.
PROTECTIVE GEAR | MASKS & GLOVES
We encourage members to wear Masks at all times; especially upon entering and exiting the building, while they move throughout the facility, and if they can’t maintain a social distance of 6ft.
Members must wear a face covering while taking any Group Fitness class
We understand if you have a medical health exemption and cannot wear a face covering.
We can supply a face covering if someone doesn’t have one.
We have one-way entry and exit.
All team members are required to wear masks while in the facility.
CARDIO & STRENGTH MACHINES | RECOVERY ROOM | FUNCTIONAL TRAINING ROOM
- These areas can be utilized without a face covering as long as 6-ft social distancing can be maintained.
CARDIO & CARDIO CINEMA have staggered usage (every other machine is closed) to ensure social distancing protocols. Members are not allowed to move the applied signage.
RECOVERY: Chairs are spaced 6 ft apart to account for social distancing practices. All machines are cleaned and sanitized after each use.
All equipment is to be cleaned following use.
- Kids Club will open with a maximum capacity of 25 children.
- Reservations will not be needed in Kids Club at either location.
- Grand Junction:
- M-F: 8:00am - 1:30pm & 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Saturday: 8:00am - 1:30pm, closed Sundays
- M-F: 8:00am - 1:00pm & 3:00pm - 7:30pm
- Saturday: 8:00am - 1:30pm, closed Sundays
- The break will allow the facilities to deep clean the facilities during that time to ensure the space has been sanitized thoroughly.
- Grand Junction:
GROUP & STUDIO CLASSES | TEAM TRAINING
- Group exercise classes are open with limited capacity based on room size and capacity.
- A limited number of classes will be released on a monthly schedule, please visit our CLASS SCHEDULES page for the online class schedule and to reserve a spot for the classes. Class schedules can also be found on the official app of Mesa Fitness (see below for link).
- Team Training will return with limited scheduling and availability, class schedules can be found on the Mesa Fitness app (see below for link).
- Members are required to clean their equipment after each class.
- Members are required to wear a face covering while taking a class (per county regulations).
BASKETBALL & RACQUETBALL
Basketball and racquetball courts will reopen.
Racquetball courts must be reserved at the front desk, limited to two people per court at a time.
Equipment will no longer be provided by the facilities.
Strict social distancing rules of 6-10ft apply to both court areas.
No pick-up basketball games will be allowed.
SAUNA, STEAM, POOL, & SPA
- The pool will reopen and will be limited to 50% capacity.
- Lane sharing during lap swim times is prohibited.
- Maximum capacity of 30 participants in any Aqua Fitness/Aqua Zumba class.
- Hot tub will reopen, members must maintain 6 feet of separation.
- Sauna & steam room are open, members must maintain 6 feet of separation per space for social distancing.
LOCKER ROOMS & SHOWERS
- Locker rooms and showers are open to members.
- Members must maintain social distancing of 6-10 ft while using the locker room and shower facilities.
- Cleaning stations have been installed in both men's and women's locker rooms and members are encouraged to clean their locker and bench space following each use.
- Juice bar and coffee have been discontinued due to COVID-19 at both Mesa Fitness locations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of our most frequently asked questions. If you have further questions, feel free to email us using the email links at the bottom of this page!
Q: Can I freeze my membership if I’m not ready to come back?
A: Yes you can, we will review all memberships on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us via phone or via the corresponding emails below for assistance.
Q: Can I cancel my account and reinstate later?
A: We do recommend freezing your membership, as it will allow you to maintain your current low membership rate. All cancellations will still follow the standard cancellation policy of 30-day notice.
Q: Do we have to wear a mask while working out?
A: Mesa County Public Health and the Governor’s Office require a mask while entering and exiting the facility until further notice. Members are encouraged to wear their protective mask during their workouts. Members are only required to wear masks when entering and exiting.
Q: Can I pay in cash?
A: You can pay in cash. Touchless payment information is encouraged.
Q: What are your restrictions/guidelines?
A: Please see above for all restrictions and guidelines.
Q: What are your hours?
A: Both locations are opening M-F 4a-11p and S-S 7a-8p
Q: Are towels still available during this time?
A: We are discontinuing the use of towels as part of our effort to limit any sanitation concerns.
Q: Can I get my belongings from my locker?
A: You may get your belongings, but must be accompanied by a staff member. The staff member will sanitize the locker area with spray when you are finished.
Q: Where can I find class schedules?
A: Class schedules can be found on the Mesa Fitness app or via the Class Schedules page on our website.